Tomato and Rosemary ‘Chicken’ Pasta Bake
|Population group||Portion size|
|Primary, 7-10 years||240 g|
|Secondary, 11-18 years||300 g|
Children usually like pasta bake and this is a healthy alternative with texture.
|Gastronorm||1 x quarter 1/1||1 x half 1/1||1 x 1/1||2 x 1/1|
|Quorn ‘chicken’ or alternative vegetarian ‘chicken’||450 g||900 g||1800 g||3600 g|
|tomatoes, canned||1200 g||2400 g||4800 g||9600 g|
|onions, chopped||100 g||200 g||400 g||800 g|
|garlic, peeled and crushed||24 g||48 g||96 g||192 g|
|rosemary, fresh||25 g||50 g||100 g||200 g|
|chilli powder||1.25 g||2.5 g||5 g||10 g|
|spinach, chopped roughly||150 g||300 g||600 g||1200 g|
|pasta, corn, dry||500 g||1000 g||2000 g||4000 g|
|pepper, black, to taste||0.2 g||0.4 g||0.8 g||1.6 g|
1. Fry the onions until soft and golden and add the garlic and chilli powder.
2. Stir for a few minutes then add the tomatoes and rosemary.
3. Cook for 15 minutes or more and then add pepper and the ‘chicken’ pieces.
4. Add the spinach and only cook this for a minute or two.
5. Add the cooked (al dente) pasta and place the mixture into a (greased) ovenproof dish.
6. Cook in the oven at 225°C/425°F/gas mark 7 for 20-30 minutes.
High in protein and vitamin C
Serving suggestion: Green salad