Meat Free Monday Poster Competition – Online Entry Form – Secondary
Terms and Conditions
– Promoter: Meat Free Monday Limited of 1 Soho Square, London W1D 3BQ (“Meat Free Monday”, “MFM”, “we”, “us”, “our”).
– By entering this competition you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
– Pupils are entering a competition to win one of the following:
1 x first prize (primary): A winner certificate, a £100 book token, a professionally printed copy of their poster (and ten copies for their school), a copy of The Meat Free Monday Cookbook signed by Paul, Mary and Stella McCartney and a MFM tote bag
1 x first prize (secondary): A winner certificate, a £100 book token, a professionally printed copy of their poster (and ten copies for their school), a copy of The Meat Free Monday Cookbook signed by Paul, Mary and Stella McCartney and a MFM tote bag
1 x second prize (primary): A runner up certificate, a professionally printed copy of their poster (and ten copies for their school), a copy of The Meat Free Monday Cookbook and a MFM tote bag
1 x second prize (secondary): A runner up certificate, a professionally printed copy of their poster (and ten copies for their school), a copy of The Meat Free Monday Cookbook and a MFM tote bag
Up to 10 highly commended prizes (primary): A highly commended certificate and a MFM tote bag
Up to 10 highly commended prizes (secondary): A highly commended certificate and a MFM tote bag
– Subject to entrants’ compliance with the additional requirements hereunder, we will endeavour to post prizes to winners within one month of the winners being announced to the school address provided, unless alternative addresses are given during communication about the results.
– Every school which submits entries will be sent a pack of MFM pens within one month of the winners being announced.
– Posters will be judged in two categories:
Primary: ages 5-11 / Year groups 1-6 (England and Wales) / P2-P7 (Scotland) / P2-P7 (Northern Ireland)
Secondary: ages 11-16 / Year groups 7-11 (England and Wales) / S1-S5 (Scotland) / Year groups 8-12 (Northern Ireland)
– The competition is only open to primary and secondary school pupils in the UK and entrants must be between 5 and 16 years old at the time of submission.
– Entrants will be judged in the appropriate category based on their school year group on the time of entry.
– These prizes cannot be exchanged for any other prizes or cash.
– Only one poster will be accepted per pupil.
– The competition closes at midnight (GMT) on Friday 9 June, 2017.
– Entries will be judged entirely at the sole discretion of Meat Free Monday.
– Decisions by Meat Free Monday are final.
– Posters can be submitted by post, online or by email. Staff contact details and school details must be provided for each pupil entering (as per below).
By post: Posters can be sent by post to Meat Free Monday, 1 Soho Square, London W1D 3BQ.
The back of each poster must state: pupil’s name, pupil’s age, pupil’s year group, school name. Each batch of entries must be accompanied by entry forms as required (35 entries detailed per form). Entry forms must include: school name, school address, name of submitter, position of submitter, email address of submitter, phone number of submitter.
Online: Posters totalling up to 50mb can be submitted in JPG, PDF, PNG or EPS format with each online entry form. Entry forms must include: school name, school address, name of submitter, position of submitter, email address of submitter, phone number of submitter.
By email: Posters can be submitted in JPG, PDF, PNG or EPS format by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Each email can be no larger 20mb. Each poster attached must be entitled with pupil’s name, pupil’s age, pupil’s year group, school name, e.g. Joe Bloggs Age 14 Year 9 Sunninghill School.jpg. The body of each email must include: school name, school address, name of submitter, position of submitter, email address of submitter, phone number of submitter.
– Entries which are submitted without the required information will not be accepted. MFM may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in MFM’s sole opinion) or who, in MFM’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants.
– Entries must be on A4 or A3 paper and otherwise in accordance with the ‘How to submit entries’ requirements and these terms.
– Entrants acknowledge that by entering the competition they grant the Promoter a right to use their entry for the purpose of administering this competition. Entrants may be asked separately to consent to their entry being used by the Promoter for promotional purposes. Entrants further acknowledge that, if their entry is chosen as the winning, runner up or highly commended entry, the relevant entrant will be required to grant Promoter the exclusive right to use the entry in any and all media in perpetuity. Winning, runner up and highly commended entrants will be required to post the original drawing in good condition (paper sheet to be kept unfolded) to the Promoter at the above address (FAO: Suzanne Barnard). Please note, the drawings will not be returned to the entrants.
– Winners will be contacted by Meat Free Monday on Monday 26 June 2017 using the email address provided on the entry forms or emails. It is your school’s responsibility to check your email account around this time. It is a condition of entry and of receiving any prize that winners and highly commended entrants will need to follow the instructions in the notifying email. Such instructions will include without limitation the execution of a document by each entrant’s parent or legal guardian by which such parent or legal guardian promises and agrees to the Promoter that:
(i) they own (or are the rightful licensor of) all rights in or relating to the relevant entry and that such entry does not makes use of any third party materials or are offensive, obscene or defamatory;
(ii) the Promoter is granted the exclusive right to use the entry in any and all media for any and all MFM purposes in perpetuity;
(iii) they will keep MFM harmless from any claims in relation to the relevant entry alleging that the entry infringes the rights of any other person;
(iv) they agree that the Promoter is entitled to use the relevant entry and the name of the winning entrant in publicity for MFM and the competition; and
(v) that all moral rights in the relevant entry are waived and that edits, alterations or amendments to the entry may be made to ensure it looks great as and when Promoter uses it.
– In the event Promoter’s instructions are not followed, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize entitlement and award the Prize to a reserve selected at the same time as the original winner(s). No responsibility will be taken by the Promoter for claims which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered for any technical or other reasons. We advise prize claimants to use recorded delivery. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt, and no correspondence will be entered into.
– This prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to this prize draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
– Meat Free Monday shall use and take care of any personal information you supply to us.
– Meat Free Monday shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations relating to this prize draw where such failure is caused by something outside of Meat Free Monday’s reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, without limitation, fire, acts of terrorism, weather conditions, flood, strike actions or other such industrial disturbances or disputes, acts of war, hostilities, political unrest, riots or civil disobedience or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
– To the fullest extent possible in law, the Promoter does not accept liability for any losses or claims whatsoever arising out of participation in the competition and the acceptance of any prize(s).
– Entrants are responsible for all costs and expenses relating to participation in the competition, such as the cost of accessing the internet, drawing paper sheets, colouring materials, etc.
– Meat Free Monday reserves the right to substitute the prizes with other prizes of similar value in the event that the original prizes are not available.