East: 120 Vegetarian and Vegan Recipes from Bangalore to Beijing contains recipes for modern, vibrant, fuss-free food made from British ingredients but with an Eastern slant. East is a great resource, whether you’re vegan, vegetarian or enjoying meat free days such as Meat Free Mondays.
Drawing from her ‘New Vegan’ Guardian column, Meera Sodha’s stunning new collection features plenty of brand-new recipes inspired by a wide range of Asian cuisines. There are noodles, curries, rice dishes, tofu, salads, sides and sweets, all surprisingly easy to make and bursting with exciting flavours. Taking you from India to Indonesia, Singapore to Japan, by way of China, Thailand, and Vietnam, East will show you how to whip up a Chard Potato and Coconut Curry and a Swede Laksa; how to make Kimchi Pancakes, delicious dairy-free Black Dal and Chilli Tofu.
Get a taster of the cookbook by trying out recipes for Mushroom Mapo Tofu, Chargrilled Summer Vegetables with a Dhana-Jeera Dressing and Silken Tofu with Pine Nuts and Pickled Chillis, shared on the Meat Free Monday website courtesy of Meera Sodha and Penguin Books.
For your chance to win a signed copy of East, simply complete the form below. The prize draw closes at midnight (GMT) on Saturday 31 August, 2019.
THIS PRIZE DRAW IS NOW CLOSED.
*Terms and conditions
– To enter this competition please complete the online form above.
– You are entering a competition to win one of three copies of East: 120 Vegetarian and Vegan Recipes from Bangalore to Beijing by Meera Sodha and signed by Meera Sodha, published by Penguin Books.
– These prizes cannot be exchanged for any other prizes or cash.
– Only one entry per person permitted. All entrants must be over 18 years of age.
– Automated entries will not be accepted.
– The prize draw closes at midnight (GMT) on Saturday 31 August, 2019 and entries submitted after this date will not be considered.
– Three winners will be chosen from a random draw of entries received, to be performed by a random computer process. Each winner will receive one copy of East: 120 Vegetarian and Vegan Recipes from Bangalore to Beijing, signed by Meera Sodha.
– The winners will be notified within five working days of the close of the prize draw via email.
– Each prize will be posted to the chosen winners by Penguin Books using a standard untracked service to the postage address inserted above.
– This prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to this prize draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
– Meat Free Monday shall use and take care of any personal information you supply to us.
– Promoter: Meat Free Monday Limited of 1 Soho Square, London W1D 3BQ (“Meat Free Monday”).
– Meat Free Monday shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations relating to this prize draw where such failure is caused by something outside of Meat Free Monday’s reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, without limitation, fire, acts of terrorism, weather conditions, flood, strike actions or other such industrial disturbances or disputes, acts of war, hostilities, political unrest, riots or civil disobedience or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
– Meat Free Monday reserves the right to substitute the prizes with other prizes of similar value in the event that the original prizes are not available.