Written by author and activist Matthew Prescott, Food is the Solution: What to Eat to Save the World shows how we can all help solve the world’s major environmental crises – by enjoying more plant-based foods.
The book features nearly 300 pages of investigative reporting, compelling infographics, beautiful environmental photography and over 80 great-tasting recipes. Meat Free Monday founder Paul McCartney said: “This informative and motivating book highlights how we can make a big difference to the future of the planet simply through our food choices.”
With a foreword by Academy Award-winning director James Cameron, Food is the Solution also includes essays and endorsements from Jesse Eisenberg, Richard Linklater, Dr. Oz, Alice Waters, Keegan Michael-Key, Tea Leoni, Pamela Anderson, Moby, Chef Jose Andres, Wolfgang Puck, Dr. Michael Greger, Mayim Bialik, Rosie O’Donnell, Kristin Davis, Paul “Pee-wee Herman” Reubens, Whole Foods founder John Mackey and Elle Macpherson.
“All the best scientific evidence shows that diets heavy in meat and dairy are taking an enormous toll on our planet,” said Matthew Prescott. “Imagine a world in which we are all healthier: where the air is clean, forests dense, water pure, and animal life healthy. That world is a happier world, a better world – and we can each help create it by adding more plant-based foods to our plates.”
Get a taster of the book by trying out recipes for Smoky Seitan Kebabs with Peanut Sauce, Rise ’N’ Shine Breakfast Sandwich and Jerked Jackfruit Tacos with Grilled Pineapple, shared on the Meat Free Monday website courtesy of Matthew Prescott and Flatiron Books.
For your chance to win a copy of Food is the Solution, simply complete the form below. The prize draw closes at midnight (GMT) on Sunday 8 April, 2018.
THIS PRIZE DRAW IS NOW CLOSED.
[gravityform id=”44″ title=”false” description=”false”]
*Terms and conditions
– You can enter this competition by completing the online form above.
– You are entering a competition to win one of five copies of Food is the Solution by Matthew Prescott published by Flatiron Books.
– These prizes cannot be exchanged for any other prizes or cash.
– Only one entry per person permitted. All entrants must be over 18 years of age.
– Automated entries will not be accepted.
– The prize draw closes at midnight (GMT) on Sunday 8 April, 2018 and entries submitted after this date will not be considered.
– Five winners will be chosen from a random draw of entries received, to be performed by a random computer process. Each winner will receive one copy of Food is the Solution.
– The winners will be notified within five working days of the close of the prize draw via email.
– Each prize will be posted to the chosen winners by Flatiron Books using a standard untracked service to the postage address inserted above.
– This prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to this prize draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
– Meat Free Monday shall use and take care of any personal information you supply to us.
– Promoter: Meat Free Monday Limited of 1 Soho Square, London W1D 3BQ.
– Meat Free Monday shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations relating to this prize draw where such failure is caused by something outside of Meat Free Monday’s reasonable control.