Win a copy of ‘Meat the Future: How Cutting Meat Consumption Can Feed Billions More’
The Nicolaas G. Pierson Foundation has published an important new book – Meat The Future: How Cutting Meat Consumption Can Feed Billions More – and we have ten copies to give away!
With the world’s population estimated to reach 9.6 billion by 2050, and diets predicted to become more affluent (containing more meat and dairy products), the book explores how food production will put a tremendous, nearly impossible burden on the planet’s resources and the environment, unless we quickly change our eating habits.
Written by leading scientists, the eleven illuminating articles in Meat The Future include topics such as land and water use in meat production, the rapidly expanding availability of meat alternatives, and the health benefits of plant-based diets.
The Nicolaas G. Pierson Foundation is the scientific bureau of the Dutch Party for the Animals. Its goal is to conduct scientific research and increase public knowledge and awareness of social issues, most particularly with regard to animal welfare, animal rights, sustainability and nature. It points out that we have a choice in our diets and the power to influence future food demand: “Thankfully, the destructive path that we are currently travelling is not definitive, but in order to change our own and the planet’s destiny, it is pertinent that we act now.”
For your chance to win a copy of Meat The Future, simply complete the form below. The prize draw closes at midnight (GMT) on Friday 13 November.
THIS PRIZE DRAW IS NOW CLOSED.
Congratulations to the winners – A. Leek, E. Sandgren, H. May, A. Monteiro de Moraes, T. Perrotto, M. Burgstaller, P. Cheung, S. Pavey, S. Wilson and P. Dhungel.
*Terms and conditions
– You are entering a competition to win one copy of ten copies of Meat The Future: How Cutting Meat Consumption Can Feed Billions More published by The Nicolaas G. Pierson Foundation.
– These prizes cannot be exchanged for any other prizes or cash.
– Only one entry per person permitted.
– The prize draw closes at midnight (GMT) on Friday 13 November, 2015.
– Ten winners will be chosen from a random draw of entries received, to be performed by a random computer process.
– The winners will be notified within five working days of the close of the prize draw.
– Prizes will be posted to winners worldwide by the Nicolaas G. Pierson Foundation.
– This prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to this prize draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
– Meat Free Monday shall use and take care of any personal information you supply to us.
– Promoter: Meat Free Monday Limited of 1 Soho Square, London W1D 3BQ.
– Meat Free Monday shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations relating to this prize draw where such failure is caused by something outside of Meat Free Monday’s reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, without limitation, fire, acts of terrorism, weather conditions, flood, strike actions or other such industrial disturbances or disputes, acts of war, hostilities, political unrest, riots or civil disobedience or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
– Meat Free Monday reserves the right to substitute the prizes with other prizes of similar value in the event that the original prizes are not available.